Summer 2014.
Northern MN.
North Shore amazingness.
Two Harbors. Light house. Rowling waves crashing into the rocks.
I watched. It was endless. Relentless. The waves.
I walked to the end of the rocks and glided my hand over a rock. It was so smooth. No jaded edges.
The result of hours, days, weeks, years of countless waves running over each rock. Over and over.
I couldn't help but think of the lessons to learn from such a view.
I encounter strangers everyday.
I encounter co-workers.
I encounter friends.
I encounter family.
I encounter acquaintance.
I face so many individuals, which I have the chance to be water.
You see, in each day individuals are like rocks. We can be jaded. Rough around the edges. Many of us sometimes don't handle each others edges too well. We then become jaded ourselves. Possibly even injured.
Like the relentless waves, I too wonder what it looks like to be relentless in others lives.
What does consistency in love look like?
Consistency in honor, respect, and commitment?
Even if nothing is returned.
So I wonder. How do I become a relentless wave.


No comments:
Post a Comment