Friday, August 28, 2015

Lessons in Tennessee.

1045pm. A good time to start a road trip to Nashville right?

We thought so too.

1 car. 2 ladies. Lots of snacks. Open roads.

It was 0145 time to re-fill. As I pulled into the gas station, found an open pump (it was such a hard task at one in the morning), I came to a stop and let my eyes meet the hundreds of bugs glued to the windshield. I had noticed "some" bugs on the windshield as I drove, but being completely illuminated by the bright gas station lights I was a little disturbed by the mass amounts I hadn't noticed. Like many of you, the easy solution was the fancy squeegee and a little window cleaner.

0330. Radio blasting, maybe some impromptu dancing (don't judge, only if you witnessed the immaculate dance moves can you be judging). As on coming traffic passed their headlights would once again illuminate the now adding number to the bugs "hanging" out on my windshield. I was getting over the fact this is a normal assurance and oddly enough I should pry not let it be bugging me. But, I was bothered. Not by the bugs.

Does my heart have any resemblance to my windshield?

As I journey through life sometimes I find it much easier to hide. To hide dark parts of my heart. Parts I don't want others to see, even parts I don't want to see. Somedays its easy to hide. However, a soft word, a verse, a friend - illuminates my "bugs" on my windshield. Other times, I am parked at a gas station and my entire heart is illuminated showing each door, each room, and each area. You see, I can hide until my heart meets light. So how much do I allow the light to illuminate my heart? Do I allow glimpses of passing head lights - maybe missing the real picture of my heart because glimpses gives me some form of "security." Or do I allow a gas station to illuminate every inch of my heart.

If I am honest, the gas station moments are hard. I see the rawness of my life, my heart. Yet, allowing God to take a fancy squeegee and clean off every dead area I am left with the ability to see life through a clean perspective.

I'm a little more aware of my windshield these days. At times, I only see things as on coming traffic illuminates my life. Other times, I park in a gas station and let the entirety of who God is wash over me leaving me better than I found myself.

How is your windshield looking these days?




No comments:

Post a Comment