Thursday, August 15, 2013

Intimacy.

Intimacy: "Into me see"
According to Merriam-Webster.

: belonging to or characterizing one's deepest nature: marked by very close association, contact, or familiarity
: of a very personal or private nature

 What levels of intimacy do you see in your life?

 I can think of varying relationships, which offer intimacy on different levels. 

Family. 
They know some of the deepest parts of who I am. I have witnessed when trust and honesty is built they are some of my strongest relationships to call me out, pour into, and support me. These types of relationships are not comfortable and take true investment. They take discernment, wisdom, and understanding.

 Friends. 
There are friends who stick closer than a brother (Prov. 18:24). I have witnessed moments of truth breaking into my life, in honest raw words, which pierced into my walls. Many times I find myself fighting these types of moments. But when I find my soul at rest, these are the moments I am transformed.

 Yet the reality I see, is how can I be built up, yet broken by intimacy. We have all been in life where we find ourselves hurt by words spoken, in the middle of a conflict, ending a relationship, or feeling left out. In these moments we can hold on to the hurt, believe lies, and build walls. It gives us a distorted view of intimacy. The walls, which are then built not only affect your heart but so many around you. 

So then, where does healing come? How do you let go of the past? How do you deal with present? And how to embrace the life to which you were called? 

I have found myself asking, “Is this it?” “Is there more?” I have found myself wrestling with my own demons of lies, self-righteousness, and walls. There is a beauty in the fight. For when I have fought I have seen progress in the battle. I see ground made, to which gives me hope, peace, and healing. You see I have learned the beauty of nearness to a Savior who heals, lifts, and fills. When I am breathing in His truth, I am set free! 

How do you see intimacy? How does it affect you?



No comments:

Post a Comment