On a fog-shrouded morning of July 4, 1952 a woman named Florence Chadwick set out on a long-distance swim from the Catalina Island to California coast. The water was numbing cold that day, the fog so thick she could barely see the boat crew with her. It has been stated, several times sharks had to be driven away with rifle fire. That day, Florence swam more than 15 hours before she asked to be taken out of the water. Her trainer (Florence's Mother), encouraged her to not give up. Florence, persisted she couldn't go any further, the fog was just to thick. So with great disappointment, she was pulled from the water.
Within a few minutes the fog lifted and Florence discovered she was less than a mile from the California coast. Florence was quoted, "I'm not excusing myself, but if I could have seen the land I might have made it."
Many of us are swimming towards goals, dreams, and hopes. You might feel that you have been swimming for days, weeks, months, and for some years. We are all tempted to stop, to give up, and choose a difference goal. Yet, do we choose to stop swimming because of fear or the fog? have we lost sight of our goal.
To my nursing classmates: ONE SEMESTER TO GO! Don't loose sight of your goal to be a nurse. A nurse who truly is going to impact hundreds of lives. We can do this!
To my friends, church family, and to the life I may not know: May you be encouraged by Paul's words from Philippians 3:14, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." May you realize the greatest goal and calling to pressing into a God who never changes.
What are you doing when the fog is thick? Don't give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment