Internship Moments.
The
summer of 2013 would be full of new challenges, new faces, and new adventures. My nursing knowledge, critical thinking,
and my textbook pictures would become part of my summer reality. This summer I
would experience, being a nurse.
Being a nurse.
To adequately
describe our day, our time, and our skills would be impossible given each
nurse’s relationships, patients, and experiences. Therefore, I simply want to
tell you my story. And how my nursing internship has fueled, changed, and
impacted my life.
Lessons. Encouragement. Challenges. I have learned through
simple one-sentence phrases given by veterans I have served.
“Smile a little at least!”
– Lesson. Your face tells so many
stories. Even when the sun is shining in your eyes and your face is frowning.
What story does my appearance and body language tell!
“You remind me of Zeva, your hair, and they way you carry yourself”
– Well, this was simply a confidence buster! Zeva is
a kick butt, taking numbers, and getting stuff done right type of girl! I might
not do those things in that order, but confidence in who God has made me to be
and growing in that confidence is always a good reminder!
“You have truly inspired me and gave me a new since of hope. I will
never forget that. I wish whatever your dreams to be, that every one of them
come true. Because I know others will be changed.”
- These are the types of moments
you will never forget. And the moments you strive for in each day. However,
these are moments that can be few. Truly humbled by the opportunity to be an
impact and to be affirmed in this moment.
Was challenged to live each day with this kind of passion and influence!
“You sure have a pretty face.”
- This was such a funny random day!
And spoke to my heart of true beauty. There are many who naturally by world’s
standards are beautiful. Yet, there are many who have beautiful hearts that
transform everything about them. This was a moment to remember just that.
“You need to find
yourself a good boy. Go to church and make sure he loves Jesus a lot.”
- I swear this veteran looked into
my soul and pulled my desires right out for all to see! I love when I am doing
what I am passionate about and in those moments, God confirms…wait, keep
standards, and let your heart be fully captivated in who I am. What a simply
statement made by this veteran, yet one that spoke to my heart and soul in such
a precious way!
“I hope you never let your height stop you or define you. You are an
example of dynamite in a small package, well that’s what I call it anyway.”
- Height is not something I was
given, obviously. Its something for a long time I struggled with given the
amount of teasing I received. I have grew into my height in a way that has
caused me to embrace it. Do I still receive jokes and have individuals give me
a hard time? Of course! But I was so honored to have such words spoken over me
and encouraged to not let me height be a barrier to my nursing and my life!
So crazy how simply statements impact your life! What
statements have changed your life? Do you take time to reflect on your day in a
way to transform tomorrow?
May you count your blessings, gifts, and moments you have
been given! I am beyond grateful for these types of moments.
More to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment